Monthly Mingles and Events
Monthly Mingles are designed to equip and encourage our members to be better educators at home. Speakers are scheduled with the goal of bringing to you the most relevant, useful information available in their area of expertise. Our desire is for members to be able to take home specific ideas from a monthly meeting and be able to implement those immediately in order to enrich their homeschooling. While our meetings are generally designed with the parents in mind, students are welcome to attend and childcare is available for those 9 and younger.
Scheduled Events and Topics for the
2016-2017 Academic Year
More details to come...
TOPICS FROM PAST MINGLES HAVE INCLUDED:
- Right-brain -vs- Left-brain learners
- High School Record-keeping
- Math: Filling in the Gaps (Anne Cole from Brain Train)
- Maximizing Your Child's Potential (Doug and Patsy Arnold from Texas Special Kids)
- Roundtable Discussion of Curriculum
- Lap Booking
- And more....